Robotics Software Engineer
Neato operates at the forefront of consumer robotics in the Bay Area. We are a team of talented engineers laser-focused on building products that are affordable, delightful and beneficial to our customers by freeing them from household chores.
Our platform of patented sensors works in concert with robust SLAM and vision algorithms to deliver unparalleled interior navigation performance. Our XV-11 and BotVac families have received numerous awards for intelligence, ease of use and cleaning effectiveness. And they are only the first of many.
Our team consists of roboticists, mechanical, electrical and software engineers and product professionals who have launched brands that are now familiar names in consumer electronics. Our management team is seasoned in leading startups from early stage to successful multinational enterprises.
We are venture funded and located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com
We are looking for talented engineers to join our growing team in Newark, CA.
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics seeks to hire a world class Robotics Software Engineer - Localization reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering.
As a Robotics Software Engineer – Localization you will take ownership of solving the complex indoor localization challenges required for future generations of Neato robots. You’ll work directly with experts in the areas of navigation, mapping and autonomy to bring the these devices to consumers hands with rapid time to market. You’ll also have an opportunity to branch out and span the stack from real-time embedded software to mobile connectivity. You will work directly with Hardware Engineering on specifications for future robotic platforms.
At the end of the day you will hold a critical role in ensuring Neato’s robots continue to improve people’s lives through more sophisticated versions of the platform.
- MS/PhD in CS or Robotics with 4+ years industry experience coupled with 4+ years academic/research experience in software development for robotics platforms
- Responsible for architecture and implementation of Bayesian Filter-based localization algorithms (SLAM, Kalman Filter, EKF, Particle Filter, etc)
- Substantial experience with C and C++ development on real-time, embedded platforms
- Experience integrating sensor data from multiple sources (LIDAR, camera, sonar, ultrasonic, IMU, etc)
- Experience operating within Agile environments
- Ability to operate within git repositories
- Strong communication and organization skills, experience working with small cross-functional teams (mechanical, electrical, software, product management)
- Systems programming experience on Linux/QNX (drivers, user applications, bootloader, etc)
- Design and implementation of computer vision algorithms
- Design and implementation of machine learning algorithms
- Good documentation discipline including the ability to manage engineering specifications and author test plans
- Experience taking software deliverables from prototype to volume production (including designing for scale, authoring test plans, coordinating deployments with operations)
- Experience and interest in robotics and connected devices
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley