Senior Product Engineer
Be part of the consumer robotics revolution.
Neato Robotics changes lives by giving people more time to spend on the things they love. We are at the forefront of the robots-in-the-home revolution to free people from household chores.
The environment is fast-paced, close-knit, emphasizes freedom, and we boast an established track record of success. Neatonians are committed to innovation. You’ll have the opportunity to directly impact the company profoundly as a part of our growing team.
As a core part of the company strategy, we hire world class talent. Join Neato in building the future of home robotics.
We are venture funded and located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato Robotics, please watch this video: https://youtu.be/8FUc_eVm710
- Take a leadership role in the resolution of field issue related to production released products as they pertain to product Electronics.
- Take a leadership role in in qualification of new sources of parts and services.
- Lead, as a hands on contributor, the introduction of new products into manufacturing at offshore contract manufacturers both at Neato and at CM facilities in China.
- Participate in team activities dedicated to cost reductions, quality improvements, and new technology investigations.
- Work closely with Test Engineering, Quality and with Neato CMs to ensure that the tests, component selections, and overall product quality and availability meet all Neato requirements.
- Conduct triage on select returned field units.
- Help to deliver products unique to a region or attend to special channel requirements.
- Continually ascertain Document Control is supplying up to date and correct documents to CMs, service providers, and internal Neato resources and that the Document Control processes are efficient.
- Become principal liaise with CMs on issues of NPI and Sustaining HW/FW issue resolution.
- 5+ years of Sustaining/NPI engineering experience in a consumer electronics environment.
- BSEE or MS in electrical with 5+ years of product introduction/sustaining engineering experience.
- Broad technical root cause skills including familiarity with analog and digital electronics, sensors and low level software.
- Significant hands on experience qualifying new components and sources.
- Outstanding communication skills with internal assets and experience with off shore suppliers.
- Ability to travel overseas, principally to China.
- Experience with consumer products and stringent quality requirements.
- Self- starter with strong leadership and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Working knowledge of Arena PLM a plus.
- Passion for robotics a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal, written and presentation
- Similar skills in additional language a plus
- Genuine passion for consumers and consumer electronics products
- Team Player with a winning and positive attitude
- Enthusiasm to explore new and innovative processes, ideas and technique
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley
Neato Robotics, Inc. does not accept resumes from search firms, placement agencies, outsourcers, or any other employment suppliers. Therefore, any resume received from an employment supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Neato Robotics, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Please be eligible to work in the United States.
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Newark, CA office