Senior Embedded Software Engineer
ABOUT NEATO ROBOTICS
Neato Robotics changes lives by giving people more time to spend on things they love.
We are at the forefront of the robots-in-the-home revolution to free people from household chores.
The environment is fast paced, close knit, emphasizes freedom, and we boast an established record of success. Neatonians are committed to innovation. You will have the opportunity to directly impact the company profoundly, as a part of a growing team.
We are venture funded with headquarters in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato Robotics please visit our web site at: www.neatorobotics.com
See our robot in action! https://youtu.be/riMhfXZfiEU
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics seeks to hire a world class Senior Embedded Software Engineer reporting to the Director of Systems Software.
We are looking for the candidate who is an expert in Linux environment, responsible for developing Linux infrastructure software on ARM based CPUs. You will be responsible for the kernel/rootfs, boot, HAL, device drivers, software design, development, and maintaining software for Neato’s robotic products. You will be expected to write technical specification, perform end-to-end integration, root cause and resolve system level performance and reliability problems. You will report to the Director of Software, and will work closely with the Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, QA, and Manufacturing teams.
The ideal candidate must possess a “can-do” attitude with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must also be able and willing to become involved in other areas of software development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- System architecture, component design, and software development
- Other duties include write technical specification, perform code review, characterize system performance
- Design, develop, and maintain embedded system image, device drivers, and middleware
- Root cause and fix system level performance and reliability problems
- May need to travel outside of United States.
- Experience shipping reliable software, always-on products running 24×7 embedded products that have mobile and cloud solution
- Strong C++ and OOD a must
- Hands-on experience writing real-time device drivers, NTP, time zone, BLE/Wi-Fi based applications
- Experience bringing up new board, battery operated devices, power management, LED, LCD, I2C, GPIO, SPI, USB, Wi-Fi, BLE interfaces
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded applications
- Experience customizing Linux boot, kernel and rootfs
- Experience writing unit test, code coverage profiling, and static analysis tools
- Independent self-starter, analytical, and problem solving skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related experience.
- 8+ years work experience focused on embedded software.
No Agencies Please
Neato Robotics does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other employment suppliers. Therefore, any resume received from an employment agency supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Neato Robotics will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley