Senior Embedded Software Engineer
ABOUT NEATO ROBOTICS
Neato Robotics designs robots for the home to improve people’s lives, allowing them to spend less time doing household chores and more time on the things they love. Neato drives innovation with intelligent laser navigation, mapping, smart home connectivity, and superior cleaning technologies.
Recognized for its leadership, culture and dedication to its employees by being named the Bay Area News Group’s 2017 list of the “Top 100 Workplaces” in the San Francisco area, Neato emphasizes freedom, has a close-knit community culture, and boasts an established track record of success. Neatonians are committed to innovation and have the opportunity to profoundly impact the company as part of our growing team.
As a core part of the company strategy, we hire world class talent. Join Neato in building the future of home robotics.
We were recently acquired by Vorwerk and are located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato Robotics, please watch this video: https://youtu.be/8FUc_eVm710
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics seeks to hire a world class Senior Embedded Software Engineer reporting to the Director of Systems Software.
We are looking for the candidate who is an expert in Linux environment, responsible for developing Linux infrastructure software on ARM based CPUs. You will be responsible for the kernel/rootfs, boot, HAL, device drivers, software design, development, and maintaining software for Neato’s robotic products. You will be expected to write technical specification, perform end-to-end integration, root cause and resolve system level performance and reliability problems. You will report to the Director of Software, and will work closely with the Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, QA, and Manufacturing teams.
The ideal candidate must possess a “can-do” attitude with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must also be able and willing to become involved in other areas of software development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- System architecture, component design, and software development
- Other duties include write technical specification, perform code review, characterize system performance
- Design, develop, and maintain embedded system image, device drivers, and middleware
- Root cause and fix system level performance and reliability problems
- May need to travel outside of United States.
- Experience shipping reliable software, always-on products running 24×7 embedded products that have mobile and cloud solution
- Strong C++ and OOD a must
- Hands-on experience writing real-time device drivers, NTP, time zone, BLE/Wi-Fi based applications
- Experience bringing up new board, battery operated devices, power management, LED, LCD, I2C, GPIO, SPI, USB, Wi-Fi, BLE interfaces
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded applications
- Experience customizing Linux boot, kernel and rootfs
- Experience writing unit test, code coverage profiling, and static analysis tools
- Independent self-starter, analytical, and problem solving skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related experience.
- 8+ years work experience focused on embedded software.
No Agencies Please
Neato Robotics does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other employment suppliers. Therefore, any resume received from an employment agency supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Neato Robotics will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley