Staff Research Scientist- Algorithms
Neato Robotics changes lives by giving people more time to spend on things they love.
We are at the forefront of the robots-in-the-home revolution to free people from household chores.
The environment is fast paced, close knit, emphasizes freedom, and we boast an established record of success. Neatonians are committed to innovation. You will have the opportunity to directly impact the company profoundly, as a part of a growing team.
We are venture funded with headquarters in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato Robotics please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com. Check out our latest video: https://youtu.be/riMhfXZfiEU
The successful candidate will join a core part of the company strategy of algorithm, and Robotics Software Engineering development, as a Staff Research Scientist, reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering.
Overall Responsibilities: Indoor Localization, SLAM
As a Staff Research Scientist for Robotics, Algorithms and Navigation, you will take ownership of solving the complex indoor localization challenges required for future generations of Neato robots. You’ll work directly with experts in the areas of existing and create new algorithms, navigation, mapping and autonomy to bring these devices to consumers’ hands with rapid time to market. You’ll also have an opportunity to branch out and span the stack from real-time embedded software to mobile connectivity. You will work directly with Hardware Engineering on specifications for future robotic platforms.
At the end of the day you will hold a critical role in ensuring Neato’s robots continue to improve people’s lives through more sophisticated versions of the platform.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or Robotics with a minimum of 5+ years, hands-on experience in algorithm development and robotics software development for robotics platforms and/or 10+ years in academic projects/research
- Held responsibility for architecture and implementation of Bayesian Filter-based localization algorithms (SLAM, Kalman Filter, EKF, Particle Filter, etc)
- Substantial practical, hands on experience with C++ programming on real-time, embedded platforms
- Systems programming experience on Linux/QNX (drivers, user applications, bootloader, etc)
- Responsible for architecture and implementation of mobile robot path planning systems (A*, Dijkstra, Graph Search, etc)
- Hands on, practical experience integrating sensor data from multiple sources (LIDAR, camera, sonar, ultrasonic, IMU, etc)
- Comfortable working in Agile environments
- Ability to operate within git repositories
- Demonstrated communication and organization skills, experience working with small cross-functional teams (mechanical, electrical, software, product management)
- Solid design and implementation of computer vision algorithms
- Strong design and implementation of machine learning algorithms
- Good documentation discipline including the ability to manage engineering specifications and author test plans
- Experience taking software deliverables from prototype to volume production (including designing for scale, authoring test plans, coordinating deployments with operations)
- Strong interest and passion in robotics and connected devices
Neato Robotics, Inc. does not accept resumes from search firms, placement agencies, outsourcers, or any other employment suppliers. Therefore, any resume received from an employment supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Neato Robotics, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Please be eligible to work in the United States.
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Newark, CA office
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley