Director, Robotics Engineering
Be part of the consumer robotics revolution.
Want to be a part of something revolutionary? Neato Robotics is a consumer product robotics organization with an emphasis on innovation and empowerment of our team members. Here is your chance to join our team and make an impact
As the Technical Leader of Robotics Algorithms and Software, you will be given a unique opportunity to build, lead and manage a lean team of extremely talented engineers working to solve the complex algorithms, indoor navigation, mapping and localization challenges required for future generations of Neato robots. A hands-on technical leader will be required, as you’ll be working directly with experts in their fields to identify creative and scalable solutions to complex algorithm, AI and machine learning problems.
The ideal candidate will operate cross-functionally, interfacing with Systems Engineering on user experience and Cloud Services to connect the platform to mobile applications and big data infrastructure. Direct communication with product management and marketing will be required to ensure Neato platforms continue to surprise and delight consumers through future releases of the platform.
and architectural definition of robotics platforms
existing algorithms for localization, mapping and planning
advanced algorithms, including but not limited to:
- Bayesian Filter-based localization algorithms (SLAM, Kalman Filter, EKF, Particle Filter)
- Mobile robot path planning systems (A*, Dijkstra, Graph Search)
- Sensor fusion (LIDAR, camera, sonar, ultrasonic, IMU)
- Object detection and tracking
- Background includes leadership of design and implementation of computer
vision algorithms and machine learning algorithms
the product, consumer and the company considering complexities and risks associated with the implementation.
- Systems programming experience on Linux/QNX
(Including designing for scale, authoring test plans, coordinating deployments with operations.
- Strong communication and organization skills, experience working with small cross-functional teams (mechanical, firmware, software, product/program management)
Neato Robotics, Inc. does not accept resumes from search firms, placement agencies, outsourcers, or any other employment suppliers. Therefore, any resume received from an employment supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Neato Robotics, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Please be eligible to work in the United States.
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Newark, CA office
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley