Staff Robotics Research Scientist
Neato Robotics changes lives by giving people more time to spend on things they love.
We are at the forefront of the robots-in-the-home revolution to free people from household chores.
The environment is fast paced, close knit, emphasizes freedom, and we boast an established record of success. Neatonians are committed to innovation. You will have the opportunity to directly impact the company profoundly, as a part of a growing team.
As a core part of company strategy, we hire world class talent. Join Neato in building the future of home robotics.
We are venture funded with headquarters in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato Robotics please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics seeks to hire a world class Robotics Software Engineer - Localization reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering.
Overall Responsibilities: Indoor Localization
As a Staff Research Scientist you will take ownership of solving the complex indoor localization challenges required for future generations of Neato robots. You’ll work directly with experts in the areas of navigation, mapping and autonomy to bring the these devices to consumers hands with rapid time to market. You’ll also have an opportunity to branch out and span the stack from real-time embedded software to mobile connectivity. You will work directly with Hardware Engineering on specifications for future robotic platforms.
At the end of the day you will hold a critical role in ensuring Neato’s robots continue to improve people’s lives through more sophisticated versions of the platform.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or Robotics with 2+ years experience in practical software development for robotics platforms and 2+ years academic projects/research.
- Held responsibility for architecture and implementation of Bayesian Filter-based localization algorithms (SLAM, Kalman Filter, EKF, Particle Filter, etc)
- Substantial practical experience with C and C++ development on real-time, embedded platforms
- Hands on experience integrating sensor data from multiple sources (LIDAR, camera, sonar, ultrasonic, IMU, etc)
- Current work in Agile environments
- Ability to operate within git repositories
- Strong communication and organization skills, experience working with small cross-functional teams (mechanical, electrical, software, product management)
Desired Experience: Practical and academic combined
- Systems programming experience on Linux/QNX (drivers, user applications, bootloader, etc)
- Design and implementation of computer vision algorithms
- Design and implementation of machine learning algorithms
- Good documentation discipline including the ability to manage engineering specifications and author test plans
- Experience taking software deliverables from prototype to volume production (including designing for scale, authoring test plans, coordinating deployments with operations)
- Experience and interest in robotics and connected devices
No Agencies Please
Neato Robotics does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other employment suppliers. Therefore, any resume received from an employment agency supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Neato Robotics will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley